Thursday, October 17, 2019

Trying to make it to Friday, unironically

Wednesday: 45 minutes sitting
Thursday: 45 minutes sitting

I swear, working so hard for so long just breaks your brain somehow. I’ve had just a normal amount of work all this week, but the weekend was an absolute, you-don’t-need-to-hear-the-details nightmare that capped off three straight weeks of long workdays, and there’s no doubt in my mind that what I really need right now is a few days off, and soon.

I’m sure I would have been able to figure this out anyway, but sitting down to try to meditate really makes a broken brain come into sharp focus.

I’m assuming the meditation time is a force for good here, but it’s also a lot of mental work, and sort of exhausting. I’m thinking about breaking the session up into shorter chunks for a few days to see if that seems more manageable while I try to recuperate.

No comments:

Post a Comment