Tuesday, September 25, 2012

In which we all eat a Paleo dinner together

False alarm: Mik wasn't really sick, it was just allergies. Good thing, because I tried to make him drink some green tea when I thought he was falling ill, and it was just pathetic. What I perceive as a light, citrusy taste, he apparently experiences as a gag-inducing horror.

I'm making my way out of my own picky eating step by gradual step, so I need to remember not to spring too much on the kid at once.

Tonight felt like a breakthrough, though. I made a dish M.H. and I have been enjoying lately but have never really served to the kids. It's ground pork, onions, carrots, broccoli, garlic, and cabbage. The sauce is coconut aminos, fish sauce, lime juice, almond butter, salt, pepper, and basil. I also made cauliflower "rice" and sliced a couple of apples.

Then I sat everyone down, made a casual comment about how I was "living the dream" of serving the same food to every member of the family, AND THEY ALL ATE IT. Just like that, with no threats or drama.

Was it a dream?

No comments:

Post a Comment