It's not even funny how excited I am about our trip to Maui in May. I've been talking nonstop about how we should just pack up and move there, to the point of pricing real estate and comparing the pros and cons of different cities. I've been on eBay shopping for swimwear and beach accessories nearly every day since we made our reservations. I sometimes go on Google Maps—when I have actual work I should be doing, mind you—and just "drive" down some road on some island. Or I visit the website for our rental house and just sigh.
So let's compare. My obsession with food causes me to:
- Eat natural products that are healthier for me and better for the environment.
- Spend less money eating out.
- Become a better and more creative cook.
- Spread the word about issues that are beneficial to everyone.
- Educate my children about nutrition and teach them to cook.
- Waste money and fossil fuels having swimwear shipped to me from foreign countries.
- Goof off when I should be working.
- Spend more time alone at my desk.
- Feel dissatisfied with my current state of residence.
- Eagerly anticipate the day when my children leave the nest and M.H. and I are SOOOO OUT OF HERE.