Friday, July 19, 2013

Flawed eCard of the Day: Three choices?


See how this cleverly used the word "give" three times? It follows that it must be true that the only way to get through life is to get ripped by performing an hour of high-intensity training while being screamed at six days a week.

Or wait. Am I still allowed a rest day when I'm giving it all I've got? And if I choose to be a knitter instead of an athlete, am I allowed to just give knitting all I've got instead? What about parenting? What about work? Should I give all the things all I've got? Do I do it forever, or when I'm 80, can I decide that I've conquered my own body and life once and for all and finally give it a rest?

So many questions best not asked on my gym's super-irritating Facebook feed.

5 comments:

  1. Ok I just have to say that I love reading your blog. I can't remember how I found you but it's probably through another blogger out of DC. Anyway, I was just curious about your new life plan and eliminating dairy and eggs and the happy gut book... and wondered if you have read anything by Joel Furhman (Eat to Live) or T. Colin Campbell (The China Study). I read them both because people online kept referencing them in their blogs. The China Study read like a big lit review on research (I enjoy reading that kind of stuff).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read either (I'm trying to get through all the fiction in the world first), but they sound interesting!

      Delete
  2. Very informative...read them both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As for this card...maybe you could cut them some slack. There is no "gray" in advertising, only black and white. Their attempt is to sell memberships.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hesitated a bit to be so critical because I know some people find stuff like this motivating, but in the end, I decided this was idiotic enough to not really care. "Give it all you've got" is not even the best choice for exercise, let alone LIFE.

      Delete