Wednesday, August 7, 2013

The point at which I stopped embracing summer

If you know me, you know that by this point of summer I am DYING for a return to the daily routine. I mean, I get up anywhere between 5:30 and 10. I've been working anywhere between zero and 16 hours a day. The kids, with no remaining sports practices or obligations of any kind, have gone feral. No one ever knows when or if laundry is going to be done. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner have all become unscheduled. Sometimes the whole family is in bed by 9:30; sometimes we're all in the kitchen foraging for food at midnight because we forgot to go to bed. Or eat dinner. It is chaos.

I have been going with the flow ("the flow" being three other family members who kind of like chaos) as best I can, but I'm over it now. Excuse me while I go make some kind of chart on how to fix this.

No comments:

Post a Comment