The problem, though, is my brain gets hold of the New! Life! Plan! and cannot stop. Before I realized what was happening, I had mentally made plans to also:
- Write out detailed meal plans as soon as we get back.
- Start getting up at 5 a.m. twice a week to go to yoga.
- Lift weights three times a week.
- Walk every day.
- Go back to taking vitamins regularly.
- Sell or give away every unwanted item in the garage, guest room, and basement.
- Move one of my garden mint plants to an indoor pot and replace it with something less aggressive outside.
- Resume meditating every day.
- Start going to bed at 9.
- Keep track of how long I use my standing desk and continually try to increase my time.
- Interior decorate!
- Shake things up by doing a different exercise every now and then, like swimming or rowing or running stairs.
- Maybe start trying that Miracle Morning thing again, now that I’ve learned more about it.
- Resume having regular family dinners.
- Never waste time again as long as I live in any fashion.
Are other people like this? And are their life ambitions as shallow and stupid as mine?