Thursday, June 9, 2011

I might be a tiny bit vindictive

Thursday: Run 5 miles, swim 1,900 yards

I hadn't seen Jerkface back at lap swim for a while, so I assumed he got kicked out of the gym. But a couple of times lately, I've seen him come in with the physical therapist in the adjoining office, who often uses the pool. Today it was pretty full, and as I was swimming, I saw the PT trying to figure out where to do her session, so I stopped to see if she wanted to split my lane. She was grateful and told me the girl in the lane next to me had refused to share, and so we got to have a brief conversation in front of Jerkface that was something along the lines of, "Wow, can you believe the nerve of some people?"

I didn't see his reaction because I was steadfastly ignoring him, and we didn't end up having to share a lane after all because somebody else got out. But still, it was a tiny bit delightful.

1 comment:

  1. you might be a bit vindictive, but by not making his problem yours, it will lessen your burden (or something like that).

    nice that you were the "bigger man".

    ReplyDelete