Saturday, July 16, 2011

Branching out

My kid's in a swim meet this weekend that's part of a larger event called the Big Sky State Games, and there are sports going on all over town, everything from archery to wrestling. Michael just made my day by announcing that next year he also wants to do the kids' triathlon (150 meter swim, 2 mile bike, 800 meter run). Wouldn't that be so cool? Maybe I'll sign up for the adult version (a sprint) and we can practice transitions together.

I also really want to swim at this meet next year. It's the only one I know of where you don't have to be a member of USA Swimming to sign up. I challenged Michael to a race in the 400 IM, which is his favorite event and used to be mine. Right now I know I could take him, but he's got a whole year to go from 10 to 11, swim two hours a day, get awesome, and put me in my place. Sure, I could change my blog name to "Zero to 400 IM," swim two hours a day, and get awesome, too, but right now I really can't foresee doing any of that. And going from 40 to 41 is no advantage.

No comments:

Post a Comment