Thursday, April 4, 2013

The budding triathlete vs. the wilting triathlete*

This indoor triathlon is only 10 days away, so I thought it would be good to take Mik to the gym tonight and let him get a feel for the bikes we'll be using and learn what all the treadmill buttons do and stuff like that. On our way in, we checked the sign-up list, and it appears that he's the only male even signed up to do the thing. I'd say one of us is well on his way to that top-three finish.

Mik still has me to race against, but I couldn't begin to predict which one of us will do better overall. Let me put it this way: One of us is younger, faster, and stronger than the other. But the other one of us has the patience to actually stay on a stationary bike for 30 minutes and pedal the whole time. Who's your money on?


* I'm suddenly overcome by the desire to make us coordinating T-shirts.

3 comments:

  1. I need more info to place a bet. How are we scoring? I think he will swim more, the running will be close to a draw (but I pick M), but you will bike longer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess the winner is the one who goes farthest in the most legs. I agree that it will probably all come down to the run. I can hardly stand these high stakes. :)

      Delete
  2. Tough call. If I were to wager a 'significant amount of money' I would put my money on you; experience over youth and all that. However, I also believe it will be close. I'll be excited when you publish the results.

    ReplyDelete