Sunday, January 5, 2014

The squat project

It seems like nearly every day I come across a blog advocating some Health-Related Thing that's so important that the blogger does the Health-Related Thing every morning right after getting out of bed. (I follow one woman in particular who claims this so often that I'm not sure how she ever makes it to breakfast.)

In case you prefer different sorts of blogs and haven't heard about all this, here's a small sampling of Health-Related Things that my Internet says should be done every day:
  • Meditation
  • Drinking a glass of lemon water before eating anything
  • Dry brushing
  • Morning exposure to natural light
  • Oil pulling
  • Power posing
  • A 10-minute walk
  • 20 minutes of rebounding on a mini-trampoline
  • Massage for facial lymphatic drainage
  • Gratitude journaling
I'm not naive enough to believe these all have equal merit—or that anyone even could do all of them every day. Still, I'm sure some of it is worth the trouble, and the philosophy of "Use it (or lose it)" seems to dictate that I take the stuff I read and actually try some of it out, rather than just making a long and increasingly unwieldy mental note of it.

That's why I'm going to start doing 100 squats a day, starting tomorrow. This post says I will notice positive changes "in a matter of weeks," so I'll give it three and then report back. By then I'm sure I'll have twenty more new ideas to try, but one at a time seems like the way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment