Monday, June 17, 2013

A visit from the Obvious Solution Fairy

I complain every summer about the stupid (%*@%!) birds waking me up at 4 a.m., but the other day I thought of something I could actually do about it: earplugs. Duh. I have some soft, cheap, disposable ones that I wore to a Weird Al concert last year,* and they have changed my life in the space of a week.

We get like 27 hours of sunlight a day this time of year, and I remember writing once that the mornings and evenings are both so wonderful that it's hard to get any sleep because you don't want to miss either of them. Turns out, the mornings? Completely missable. I'll take nine hours of chirpless bliss instead.

* Earplugs totally ruined that concert for me, by the way. I could hear the music okay, but not the crowd, and I couldn't ever shake the impression that everyone else was just sitting there quietly with their hands folded in their laps.

No comments:

Post a Comment