Friday, November 1, 2013

Halloween with the scary inlaws

I went through a phase of not liking Halloween, but I think I'm mostly over it now. A lot of things about it do bug me, though, particularly the absolute fixation on candy—and the "Aw, let them have as much as they want! They're kids! It's a holiday!" attitude, which I want to write a treatise on but won't. Today.

My sister-in-law and her family have been visiting us from Denver during the week of Halloween the past few years, and we've been hosting big family gatherings where they and their young-enough-to-trick-or-treat kids have been the guests of honor. I can definitely get behind hanging out with relatives, eating, playing games, excited kids, laughing, and answering the doorbell a lot. Fun night.

Mik decided at the last minute to go trick-or-treating with his cousins, and here was his costume:


Did you figure it out? Here's a hint:


Funny how his Doctor costume looks exactly like the clothes he picked out to wear to band concerts.

No comments:

Post a Comment