Yeah, June’s rule fizzled out badly—I guess in my heart I do not prioritize being “an ideas machine.” But the couple of ideas I did get out of it made me happy, so that’s something. I had also set a goal of selling $100 worth of stuff, but I sold only $70 worth. (That’s partly due to laziness and partly due to no one wanting to buy my stuff.)
It is a little sad when you—when I—when one can’t keep a resolution going for four measly weeks. Frankly, I think five separate things a month is turning out to be a lot to care about all at once, plus I’m juggling all the bonus rules I made myself regarding my shoulder. Maybe this will get easier with practice. Maybe it will get harder with apathy. Who knows!
July’s GREAT resolutions:
- Goal: Get rid of 100+ pieces of paper from my filing cabinet (or I guess anywhere).
- Rule: Meditate for five minutes every day.
- Errand: Just finish up my shoulder rehabilitation program.
- Affirmation: I am making progress in all areas of my life.
- Theme: Think like a homemaker.