The point is, being unable to remember to take ibuprofin is a real obstacle to my goals, and I realized that, now that I’ve identified it as an obstacle, it’s something I can take steps toward improving. So I decided to figure out some of my other life obstacles for future tackling:
- A compulsion to check Facebook, Twitter, etc. all the time at my desk
- An unreasonable aversion to changing into workout clothes—I just want to get dressed once in the morning and be done with it, so I generally either work out at home in my pajamas or not at all
- A (semi-warranted) feeling of always being “on call” with one of my clients, which ties me to the house
- An unreasonable aversion to the tiny amount of fussing required to change back and forth between my sitting and standing monitors—I want a magic button that switches which windows are on which monitor instantly
- A mental block (or something?) keeping me from continuing to try to sell the pile of junk slowly accumulating in the guest room
I’m sure there are more, but that should give me plenty to work with for now.