Thursday, January 17, 2013

Day 16 update

Here's the new stuff I've noticed in the past week or so of doing the Whole30:
9. I don't get groggy anymore. I don't even feel sleepy at night, but I can still fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow.
10. I feel significantly skinnier. My new favorite pose in yoga is "anything that lets me admire my slender waist in the mirrors." (I'm not allowed to weigh myself, but I'm still allowed to be frightfully vain.)
11. I am sooooo tired of following the rules. I know it's a slippery slope, but all I want to do is bake some fake bread. I'd make it out of nut flour and sweeten it with fruit and everything.
M.H. recently described his Whole30 experience as "Fourteen days of torment, punctuated by delicious meals." That about sums it up. It's not that we don't like what we're eating, it's just that it's a ton of work and our brains are in a constant state of tantrum because they don't have their freeeeedom. Or their suuuuuugar. Or their cheeeeeeeeeese.

4 comments:

  1. What is the plan after the Whole30?

    What happens that you keep going back this special month of eating?

    I'm directing friends to this blog to get some of your amazing information.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My plan is to eat the same way in February, except that I'll be adding small amounts of dairy to try to determine how it will affect me. And I'm pretty sure I'll make myself a birthday…something…out of nut flour and sweetened with fruit. I'm still not having added sugar for the whole year. :)

      M.H.'s plan is to stay strictly on the Whole30 until May.

      The point behind the "special month" is that the diet eliminates just about anything that might be causing anyone problems. So it's like a reset, and then you can experiment to see if certain foods are or are not a problem for you. For me, I lose weight and have much more energy when I'm doing it. I think it's different for everyone, because crappy processed food affects different people in different ways.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the explanation. I'll see if I have any special recipes for a birthday something that meets your requirements. If I do I'll pass it along.

      I wish you success on your year without sugar goal. I'm attempting the same and I know it will be my biggest challenge.

      Delete
  2. Ah yes, the cheeeeeese! I'm dreaming of cheese and chocolate. I think I could live without most of the rest. I am starting to collect the ingredients for some of the desserts in my Practical Paleo cookbook, so I don't go completely off the tracks lol.

    ReplyDelete