Friday, September 1, 2023

Day 1, Day 3, Day 20

Thursday: Walk 1.5 miles
Friday: Walk 1.5 miles

This is Day 1 of an online abstract art class I’m taking. The first assignment was to tape off a piece of paper and then play around with a limited color palette. The class is called “Find Your Joy” so in theory we are just supposed to be having fun and enjoying the process, but lately I can’t seem to figure out how to make any marks with a paintbrush that I enjoy. It used to be that everything I painted was a delirious free-for-all, but this was not all that exciting:


BUT…this is Day 3 of the Whole30, and I really do think I feel my brain waking up again, so maybe things will get better.

And finally this is Day 20 of a work marathon—I just looked back, and I haven’t had a day off since August 12. But I am taking the entire weekend off, with plans to see friends, do more painting, and chop up a bunch of T-shirts to make T-shirt yarn. I eventually want to use it to crochet a rustic basket in which I can gather all the garden produce I will have this time next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment