Thursday, February 24, 2011

Focusing on the awesome

Wednesday: Swim 3,850 yards, bike 21 miles
Thursday: Swim 2,200 yards, run 6 miles

Today, there were many things that sucked. Working every waking minute (when I wasn't exercising or blogging) was a large one. And as I headed out the door at 8:30 p.m. to get my run done before the gym closed, my son ran up to me and said, "Mom, I haven't seen you all day! Your endurance training is tearing this family apart!" He was joking, but it was true that I didn't see my kids for more than 5 minutes all day.

But enough of the suck. Let's focus instead on some things that are awesome:
  1. Today I was supposed to swim three fast 400s, descending. I decided to try for 6:20, 6:10, and 6:00. I achieved 6:20, 6:09, and 5:57. Triumph!!
  2. I just had a bowl of oatmeal with pecans, chocolate chips, and caramel, like a Turtle. It's the post-running snack I had been planning all day, and it was yummy.
  3. Tomorrow is my rest day, I don't have as much work, and I get a massage.
That's enough. :)

1 comment:

  1. Oatmeal is always awesome. I don't bother to make it often enough.

    ReplyDelete