Sunday, August 14, 2011

Thinking about some dietary changes

Seriously weighed the pros and cons of yoga vs. nap before ultimately dragging myself to yoga. It was the right choice, of course. Afterward I felt more relaxed and more rested. I get the idea that some people think yoga is relaxing because it's slow and easy. But that's not it. It's relaxing because it's slow and hard.

I've been doing a lot of reading about "primal" eating and am convinced that, if nothing else, I at least need to cut back heavily on carbohydrates and dairy. (While I ponder this bold move, I've been happily polishing off all the leftover ice cream from the last birthday party we had at our house.)

I've been thinking to myself I could never go 100% (or 90%) primal, though. I am too picky, and absolutely addicted to Cheerios, milk, and a banana for breakfast. But on the other hand, the whole point is that those foods are addictive, and you need to break the cycle. Plus, I'm a big girl now. I don't have to be so picky if I don't want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment