Tuesday, January 15, 2013

The cheese fantasy

It's Day 14 of the Whole30, and my brain has moved on from sugar fantasies to cheese fantasies (which I will spare you), so I guess that's progress.

Oops, I just changed my mind about sparing you. The cheese fantasy is that I cut myself a big chunk and eat it because it's good.

Frankly, my brain doesn't have to be all that sneaky in its attempts to get cheese back into my life, because I'm still undecided on the issue. I know some kinds of dairy are better than others, but I'm really not certain whether I should be eating it at all. My plan is to follow up the Whole30 with a few weeks of experimenting, to see if adding a little butter and cream and maybe cheese to the mix causes any problems or makes me feel like I'm gaining weight.

In the meantime, I bought a big jar of ghee, which is butter with the dairy proteins removed. How brilliant is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment