Thursday, October 8, 2015

A low-carb zucchini “recipe” I made up

I decided to go full-on radical health nut and start buying eggs from a local farmer. Or maybe “farmer” is too strong a word. Anyway, she has lots of chickens (which she referred to as her “girls”) and she sold me 36 eggs and the biggest zucchini I have ever seen in my life for $7. Today M.H. and I Alt-Shifted back to low-carb eating, so I decided to make something appropriate from my farm bounty.

Excellent but Mostly Nonspecific Recipe:

Half an enormous zucchini, grated, salted, sweated, and drained
Six or seven eggs, some of them adorably tiny
A heaping tablespoon or so of minced garlic
A bunch of shakes of Parmesan cheese
A teaspoon of coconut flour
Several shakes of chives
Salt and pepper

I mixed all of the above in a big bowl, cooked four pieces of bacon in two frying pans, removed the bacon, and then cooked half the egg mixture in each pan of bacon grease. I was kind of expecting something like scrambled eggs, but they turned into the most beautiful, golden, delicious patties.

I ate mine with sour cream and the bacon, and next time I might add salsa and/or scallions. They were really good!

So far I’ve tried three recipe candidates for a new meal to add to our rotation (which is my goal for October). The first two were pretty good, but they seemed like too much work to end up as regulars. This one was pretty easy and I loved it and want to keep it forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment