Monday, November 9, 2015

Better-late-than-never resolutions for November

I completely failed to set any official GREAT resolutions this month, but I realized that I do have some in the back of my mind that I’ve been operating under, so here they are:
  • Goal: Finish three major work projects
  • Rule: One glass of water for every mug of tea
  • Errand: Sell some more stuff
  • Affirmation: “I welcome the changing of the seasons”
  • Theme: Get my life back together
October’s work project completely disrupted my life, so my theme/goal for November is to get an equivalent amount of work done without falling to pieces. I know it can be done!

The affirmation started as a bit of a joke, but I have been saying it out loud anytime I get hit with a blast of cold air, and it almost, kind of, a little bit, is working. I DO welcome the coming holidays, and as we drove across the state last weekend for a swim meet, I DID welcome the gorgeous, snow-dusted scenery. (And since I am going to have to be inside for most of the month working, I welcome using crappy weather as an excuse.)

As far as drinking more water and less tea, I have been extremely frustrated lately that I have to get up and go to the bathroom in the middle of the night—always once, and sometimes twice. I started Googling to see if there was anything I could do, and I learned that it’s related to a drop in something called “anti-diuretic hormone” as you age. I figured maybe I could help my presumably waning anti-diuretic hormone level by reducing my consumption of diuretics during the day, but I don’t know if it’s really helping so far.

2 comments:

  1. Oh good, I was kind of worried you were skipping this completely. This is Christine, but whenever I try to post a comment using my name, it never shows. So you can call me anonymous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to know some part of my brain was working on this framework, even if I never bothered to consciously sit down and think it over.

      Delete