Thursday, February 4, 2016

Tried to swim; didn't work

My shoulder had been feeling a lot better, so I thought I’d try a little swim to see where I’m at. It was not what you’d call a workout. …Instead you might call it “a fiasco,” or perhaps “a brutally harsh wakeup call.”

I started with a 25 free, but freestyle hurt too much, so then I did a 25 backstroke, but backstroke hurt too much. Then I did a 25 breaststroke and it didn’t hurt, so I made it a 50. Then I did 300 yards of kicking and called it a day. Then I woke up the next morning with my neck and back seizing up all over the place (possibly that was unrelated) and gave up on swimming forever.

Just kidding! Instead I rededicated myself to getting this thing fixed. I know it takes forever but that it can be done. Found some new exercises to try on the YouTube and everything.

2 comments: