Friday, September 30, 2016

End-of-the-month dilemma and a wrap-up

Last day of the month and I’m STILL debating whether I will actually dare to give up Facebook and Twitter in October. I feel like, with my current level of addiction, and all the crap going on in the world, it will be really tough—maybe the emotional equivalent of training for an Ironman.

On the other hand, if I’m not on social media at all, there’s a good chance I won’t even hear about most of the crap and will emerge into November happy, cleansed, and not having strangled anyone. That is the dream.

Anyway, here’s the wrap-up of September’s excellent resolutions:

  • Goal: Sit down for a family dinner every weekday. Mik has a ridiculous schedule that makes this a rushed affair on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and there was one day when I really had to work through dinner, but other than that, this went well. I’ve taken to telling certain employers I’m not available between 5 and 7, which gives me plenty of time to help with cooking, eat, and clean up. That doesn’t actually stop anyone from emailing me during those hours to request things, but at least I don’t feel guilty for ignoring them.
  • Rule: Take a full day off every week. I did this faithfully, too, and it gave us a couple of free days where it seemed like the only logical thing to do was to go to the mountains. 
  • Exercise: Stick to the schedule. LOVE this schedule. It’s not that hard and doesn’t take much time, but I feel stronger and more energetic.
  • Affirmation: “I welcome the changing of the seasons.” Honestly, I think this affirmation has helped my attitude about a lot of things, including literal seasons.
  • Task: Clean Dex’s room. Done and then some, since the purging and rearranging frenzy spilled over into a couple of other rooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment