Saturday, October 1, 2016

GREAT resolutions for October

The October manifesto:
  • Goal: Start three knitting projects. Starting is always the hardest part for me, so I figure that if I just get a few things going, I can get some actual knitting done for a change.
  • Rule: Stay off Facebook and Twitter. This is to keep myself from going insane as the election gets closer, but it’s also going to be so insanely hard. The one mitigating rule is that I can look at things that other people show me on their feeds; I just have to stay off my own. That way at least I won’t miss out on big news from friends and family. Oh, and sometimes I also have to check something on social media for work purposes (true story), but that doesn’t count.
  • Exercise: Take a morning walk. My thought is that it could be just 5 or 10 minutes if I want, just so I get out every day. (M.H. already walks at 4:30 in the morning, but mine will be at more like 6:30.) The rule is that it must occur before noon (hence the name).
  • Affirmation: “I have everything I need.”
  • Task: Deal with digital photos. I was trying to think of some overdue cleaning task for this resolution, but to be honest, our house is in order right now—literally. The yard’s not too bad, either. Really, the last great remaining mess in my life is my digital photo collection. I have some specific things in mind, so this resolution is not as vague as it sounds, but anything at all that I can get done this month would be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment