Tuesday, December 27, 2016

A manifesto for 2017, part 2

OK, exciting new thought on monthly resolutions!

Since I have a set of eight priorities for 2017, I’m going to have a goal, rule, exercise, affirmation, or task related to each one of them every month. This way I can make some resolutions big and some small, some challenging and some not, but at least I’ll keep everything in mind for the whole year.

It may turn out that eight priorities is too many (and it’s certainly too many to blog about in the way I’ve been doing), but here’s the full list right now:
  • Exercise my creative muscle.
  • Give more to the world.
  • Stick to a healthy diet.
  • Exercise in a way that makes me happy and strong.
  • Minimize digital distractions/optimize human interactions.
  • Keep my house cleaner and cozier.
  • Memorize scripture.
It spells nothing, and I don’t know how I feel about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment