Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Vegetable mania

Turns out my exciting new way of eating is actually not that exciting to write about, except that I can report that you certainly can pop sorghum, and that I found the air popper the best way to do that. It tastes exactly like popcorn but better because you can just eat any unpopped kernels. You have to eat it with a spoon because it’s so teensy, but that is kind of fun.

I’m also eating a ton of vegetables and continuing to branch out a bit. I even bought another jicama. This one I just threw into a giant stir-fry with every other vegetable under the sun, and it was quite good. Tastes exactly like a water chestnut in that context. Other vegetables I’ve eaten in recent days: carrots, broccoli, broccoli sprouts, kale, escarole, romaine lettuce, spinach, bok choy, chard, parsnips, parsnip greens, radishes, radish greens, two kinds of onions, three kinds of mushrooms, asparagus, cauliflower, sweet potato, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, scallions, cilantro, garlic, ginger, chives, and avocado, which is actually a fruit. (I know I’m bragging, but I’m also counting. 30!)

I’m a vegetable fiend now; ask me anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment