Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Thinking about New Year's resolutions

I've been trying to decide if I want to make some New Year's resolutions or set some goals or intentions for 2013, and if so, what those resolutions/goals/intentions should be.

I don't want to make the mistake I made last year and set a bunch of goals so ambitious that I don't end up achieving ANY of them. Well, I could still give nine more items to charity to meet my goal of getting rid of 100 extraneous things, but even that wouldn't technically count since I had originally intended to sell those 100 things on eBay (ha ha ha ha ha ha). And anyway, I can't see "trip to Goodwill" even making it on to a to-do list that already includes work, editing M.H.'s new book, sending out cards, hosting an early Christmas party with my in-laws, and getting ready for a trip to Florida.

M.H. has told me that he plans to drastically clean up his diet starting January 1, so it would be pretty easy to jump onto that bandwagon, but I'm not sure I'm in the right mind-set for extreme self-denial. I'm pretty happy with my normal, medium amount of self-denial, which actually feels like no self-denial at all, since I was pretty successful at permanently changing my eating habits in 2012, which is funny since it wasn't even one of my goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment