Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Early to bed, etc.

Our family has been going through a big adjustment because Mik has started swimming at 5 or 5:30 in the morning four days a week. M.H. gets up to drive him, and I have been trying to get up, either to go to three-hours-before-sunrise yoga or to start work. I’m pretty much a big baby about early mornings, but there’s really no getting around this schedule change, and I think the presence of a great yoga class at 5:15 a.m. a couple of days a week can turn it into somewhat of a bright side.

Plus the early-to-bed-etc. thing is helping me feel virtuous/healthy, which I had been craving after overdoing Carb Nite last week. I don’t know that there was anything wrong with that, per se, since eating junk food is part of the plan, to a point. But it’s nice that feeling gross kicked me into a week of feeling healthy. Since that fateful Friday, here’s what I’ve been doing:
  • Alternating frequently between my standing desk and sitting desk.
  • Getting to more yoga classes.
  • Taking those repulsive frozen raw-liver “pills” I made.
  • Eating resistant starch (in the form of potato starch powder stirred into water—far less repulsive).
  • Taking probiotics.
  • Trying to do 100 squats a day.
  • Sitting down to eat with my family whenever possible, or at least not eating at my desk.
  • Walking outside.
  • Going to bed early.
…along with staying under 30 grams of carbs a day. That feels like plenty, right? I think I am nice and atoned now for my chocolate-covered-macadamia-nut sins.

No comments:

Post a Comment