Sunday, October 30, 2016

End o' month check-in

Kind of (very) swamped with work, but I should be able to spare 10 minutes to blog on a Sunday, for heaven’s sake. So just checking in to talk about how much I loved some of October’s resolutions and hated others.
  • Goal: Start three knitting projects. Love! Even though I’ve started only two projects so far, one of them is done, and one is three-quarters done. It was so nice to have something to do with my hands this month, and knitting really stirs up my creative juices, because I never actually follow a pattern all the way. (I usually just start with some concept from a pattern and then go crazy. It works or it doesn’t, but it’s a lot of fun.) And knitting a lot almost felt like a tribute to my grandmother, because I was using mostly her needles. Although she wasn’t the type to go off pattern much. :)
  • Rule: Stay off Facebook and Twitter. Unqualified love for this one. I needed so badly to get my brain back. And, since I have been extremely busy with work that requires focus, the timing could not have been better. I am letting myself get back on social media next month, but I am NOT letting it take me over again.
  • Exercise: Take a morning walk. Ugh. It’s not that I don’t enjoy a morning walk in theory, but it turns out that October mornings in Montana are dark and usually cold, and when I did this, it wasn’t always pleasant. And I probably didn’t take a morning walk even half the days, although I did take several evening walks, which is just a better time for me. 
  • Affirmation: “I have everything I need.” Meh.
  • Task: Deal with digital photos. I did do a few things I had intended, but I just can’t tell you how much I hate dealing with digital organizing—or maybe it’s actually photo organizing I hate, since my physical photos are not in such great shape either. This is going to be a perpetual, nagging “to-do” until I can get myself together. Maybe 2017 is the year that happens.
I have big! plans! for November.

No comments:

Post a Comment