Monday, January 24, 2011

Maternal shirking

Saturday: Rest
Sunday: Yoga, bike 20 miles
Monday: Run 7.5 miles, bike 13 miles

There's been no more produce in my kitchen drawers (that I know of), but I still feel like I'm not quite all there. It's still true that I'm feeling really good physically, but I'm willing to admit that this little brain problem might be sleep deprivation. In fact this morning, when the alarm went off as usual at 7, I had every intention of getting up. But my husband got up first, and turned off the alarm, and the next thing I knew it was 9:30.

Oh, um, bye, kids! Have a great day at school! I won't see you when you get home either because I'll be running and then have to work!

I really hope I can finish the Ironman so that when my boys reflect someday on how their mother abandoned them for nine solid months and also lost her mind there will at least have been a reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment