Friday, January 13, 2012

Bummers

I went to yoga, but every time I should have backed off, my ego got in the way. We did Bird of Paradise, which is my very favorite impressively-hard-pose-that-I-can-now-do, and it would have taken a better woman than I to quietly sit it out. Now I can barely walk without sufficient warm-up. And I'm heavily favoring my uninjured leg for everything, so I'm worried I'm going to pass this problem around to other muscles.

I was seriously considering trying physical therapy, which still might not be a bad idea, but then I realized something: I am not training for an Ironman anymore. I can actually rest this thing, give it time to heal, and I will not be out a $600 entry fee or a lifelong dream. It might make it impossible to walk 1,000 miles this year, but who cares? Maybe it means I'll swim more!

By the way, I officially withdraw my recommendation to make Paleo ranch dressing out of bacon grease. I tried to eat some of it today, and not only did it taste nasty, but it was a solid, about the consistency of hard ice cream. (I guess "liquid at room temperature" is a positive attribute for the oil in your dressing.) I bought some light olive oil today and will try again someday when I regain the heart for it.

2 comments:

  1. Those entry fees will make people train through anything! Good realization though on your part. Rest it is!

    ReplyDelete