Monday, January 30, 2012

Paleo challenge, Day 30

Well, I've eaten my last meal of the Whole30 challenge (an obscene amount of spicy Vietnamese pork with cabbage). What to do now, with no rules? How do I cope with this thrilling, dangerous freedom?

Well, the temptation is to change to different rules. The Whole30 people actually posted a blog about this very topic, and they suggest slowly backing away from the rules altogether and trying to find a healthy balance. And then when you inevitably slide back into your old eating patterns, you're supposed to do the Whole30 all over again. I've done that cycle once already, so I think I'm okay with that. It was a lot easier the second time, and I learned a ton. It should make the dream of rule-free healthy living that much easier to achieve.

I do have a plan for tomorrow, though. I'm going to weigh myself and have exactly one of the chocolate-covered macadamia nut clusters Santa brought me for Christmas. Not sure which one I'm looking forward to more.

No comments:

Post a Comment