Friday, May 25, 2012

Distractions

I can't believe how little I've gotten accomplished today. I have a book to index for Happy, three articles to edit for Sneezy, and nine chapters to review for Prince Charming…basically an infinite supply of work. Somehow I ended up instead spending the day cooking, messing about with chia seeds, and writing a 27-page Facebook diatribe to a college friend about why his doctor was stupid to put him on a low-fat, low-cholesterol diet.

M.H. usually helps out with the cooking and talks me down from my diatribes, but he was busy all day checking Amazon to watch his Kindle download numbers climb. His book was available for free yesterday and today, and it was kind of shocking to see nearly 1,000 (so far) new downloads in those two days. I know that's not HUGE huge, but it's about ten times the number that had been sold to date, and it's kind of fun to think about who might have downloaded it, what they might think, and who they might tell. (We're still waiting for the first Amazon review from a complete stranger; is it wrong to hope they praise the editing?)

Speaking of which, off to the coal mines.

1 comment:

  1. I keep waiting for someone to give it 4 stars. I actually think that would be better than another 5-start rating. :) 1,000 downloads is awesome. Go MH!

    ReplyDelete