Friday, May 4, 2012

Regressing

So April came to an end somewhere back there in the haze of work obligations, and I did look at some of the totals on my 2012 goals, but then I was too busy and too discouraged to post anything about it. Some of my numbers (walking, eBay selling) are creeping forward way too slowly. Some of them are not creeping anywhere at all (writing a children's book). And some of them are actually going the wrong way (losing weight and memorizing words). That's right: I gained a couple of pounds in April and actually FORGOT large chunks of Romans, because I haven't been able to meet with my memorizing friends for four weeks, for various reasons.

I have to say, though, the thing that annoys me the most is having gained back some weight. I could say that it just goes to show it's not a good idea to go out for burritos the night before a weigh-in, but, really, that was just symbolic of the whole stupid month. So I'm doing another 30 days of strict Paleo eating. It's going to be annoying to stop going out for ice cream all the time (especially when we've just discovered the best new place), but losing 10 pounds was the one goal that I really wanted to achieve this year, and it should also be the easiest. Plus, I'm in a terrible time crunch with work, and not eating so darn much is the only thing that doesn't take any extra time.

No comments:

Post a Comment