Sunday, July 22, 2012

Mik's first triathlon

The swimming today was kind of a bust for both Mik and me. In fact, I missed my 100 IM altogether because the kids' tri started so late. (Too bad, because not only did I want to go for the record, but there was actually another woman in my age group to compete against.)

It was well worth it to see Mik's first triathlon, though! I have pictures I want to share eventually, but I'll quickly recap now for those dying to hear. :)

Mik was first out of the water by a long way but left T1 in third place. Clearly the socks and shirt and normal shoelaces were a mistake. (Bad coaching!) He finished the bike in third as well, and came in  second overall. I didn't witness this, but my parents said he got hung up by a car pulling a boat trailer near the end of the bike leg and had to wait for quite a while to get by safely. Might have been the difference between silver and gold, but silver was still fantastic! I had a blast watching and was so proud of him for giving it his all.

I think a race report from him is in order, don't you?

2 comments:

  1. Why wasn't the road closed to traffic?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know. My folks were quite upset about it, but they never really close roads for races. And this actually occurred in the parking lot, which would have been even harder to close off. It's just one of those unpredictable things that can happen in a race.

    ReplyDelete