Saturday, February 28, 2015

Thoughts on February

Not only did I not keep all my February resolutions, but I also dropped the ball on planning for March. I’ll come up with something by tomorrow. (Actually, in the 13 seconds since I started thinking about my March resolutions, about six possible Rules have sprung to mind, so I’ll be just fine on that front.) Anyway…

Resolutions kept:
Give 44 things to charity
Walk 44 miles
Turn 44
Be able to do 10 push-ups
Try workouts from several different online programs (if three counts as “several”)

Resolutions not kept:
Clean for 15 minutes every day
Apply for a passport

I have a good excuse for the passport thing. M.H.’s passport needs to be renewed, so we decided to go do this together. But he doesn’t want to be photographed with the beard he’s got now, and he doesn’t want to shave his beard until his book is published; therefore we can’t go apply for passports until his book is published. This makes perfect sense to me.

I can’t really say why I didn’t keep the cleaning one. It wasn’t that onerous, and it was actually pretty satisfying to pick some random bit of house unpleasantness every day and make it go away. I did this most days of the month, but once work started picking up, I found it impossible to even get started. Getting started is always the trick, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment