Sunday, March 1, 2015

GREAT resolutions for March


OK, on to March! I guess!
  • Goal: Finish knitting the scarf I started approximately two years ago.
  • Rule: Do 15 minutes of neck/shoulder rehab exercises every day.
  • Errand: Sell my expensive, unused Le Creuset skillet (+ last month’s Errand). 
  • Affirmation: “If something about my life is bothering me, I take care of it right away.”
  • Theme: Tracking.
I want to write more about a couple of these, but for now, let me just say that coming up with an Affirmation was much harder than I had imagined. I knew they were a bit corny (though the one above, chosen for what I initially perceived as corniness, is suddenly growing on me), but I was prepared for that. What I was not prepared for is how…revealing they are. In a way they say, “Hey, that sentence I just posted? Right now I basically do the opposite of that because I am a horrible/ridiculous person at heart.”

The one I finally came up with seems useful but innocuous, and it could work at multiple levels. It’s also a good way to sneak house-cleaning back onto the resolutions list, because if I succeed in taking that sentiment to heart, then I foresee a lot of hanged pictures and organized drawers and cleaned closets in my future.

2 comments:

  1. I cleaned my refrigerator this morning. I can't even tell you how overdue that was. It took an hour, but it was a very good use of my time. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, my 15-minutes-of-whatever-I-was-feeling-like philosophy got my fridge HALF cleaned in February. Those top shelves were just not calling my name, I guess. :)

      Delete