Tuesday, March 31, 2015

GREAT resolutions for April

I have an eerie sort of feeling that April is going to be a lot busier for me than March.

Actually, let me clarify. I have a couple of huge projects on the calendar for April, so I know it’s going to be busier than March, but I also have an eerie sort of feeling that other stuff is going to start popping up left and right, the way it always does when you’re already too busy.

So my resolutions for April are appropriately gentle—and designed to create time for work, rather than suck it away. Here they are:
  • Goal: Be able to run a nine-minute mile by the end of the month.
  • Rule: No wasting time on stupid Internet stuff. (This is more specific in my head, if you were worried that it’s unenforceable.)
  • Errand: Deal with the health insurance issue that just got dropped on my desk. Plus February’s errand for sure this time.
  • Affirmation: “I am strong, focused, and productive.”
  • Theme: Sunshine!
The only part of this that might suck significant time away from getting work done is the running, but my reasoning is this: I haven’t actually tried to run a mile in quite some time. So theoretically I might be able to do a nine-minute mile already.* If that’s the case, my total commitment will be exactly…nine minutes. And, anyway, training outside = sunshine, which is also on the menu.

* But I doubt it.

No comments:

Post a Comment