Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Impending awesomeness

Mik has a break between swimming seasons, and we decided that, during his month and a half out of the pool, he should lift weights, get amazingly strong, and shock the heck out of everyone with his awesomeness. This plan was my idea, so I got put in charge of it. And since I was in charge of it, I decided the best thing to do was lift weights right alongside him.

Yes, me! Regularly lifting weights at the gym! I need to remember for future reference that just letting the kids play computer games all night is a lot easier way to parent them.

Anyway, so far we have managed to go twice, and I will say that by far the most challenging thing about lifting weights has been getting out the door in the first place. Really it’s 99 percent of the battle. It’s odd because I have no trouble at all showing up for yoga or swimming class, and here’s this golden opportunity for quality time with my child that I have to be dragged to kicking and screaming.

And, yes, I guess I could also take him swimming with me, but no one wants to get lapped that often.

No comments:

Post a Comment