Sunday, January 31, 2016

A few hours of good work

Somehow I caught M.H. in a “clean all the things” mood yesterday, and he helped me finish up the guest room closet project and then some. We got rid of all the sentimental but unwanted objects, rehomed a few things, hung up a picture, AND donated a bunch of stuff I had been trying unsuccessfully to sell. (When you think about it logically, it’s just not worth $5 or $10 or $20 if the selling takes more than an hour of effort.)

After that, we started attacking bookshelves and donated enough books that we were able to empty one shelf completely and turn it into a display for miscellaneous objets d’art:


(Objets d’art, from top left: clock that needs batteries, ceramic vase made by my sister in college, collection of rocks in a ceramic bowl made by my sister in college, picture of my kids with some of their cousins, two cool chess boards, random flower pot, World’s Most Annoying Nerf Gun.)

1 comment:

  1. Aww, you still have my art stuff. My question is why don't you make the gun disappear?

    ReplyDelete