Tuesday, August 15, 2023

An opportunity to prioritize

Tuesday: Walk 1.2 miles, yoga 25 minutes, meditate 10 minutes

My typical morning self-care/puttering-around has ballooned into like a four-hour production. I’ve recently added a walk, some meditation, a little cooking, and some Achilles rehab to my pre-work activities, which already included reading, coffee, cooking breakfast, doing yoga, checking out the garden, taking vitamins, etc. Honestly I would love to add painting/drawing/crocheting to the list of morning fun, but I do have to work at some point.*

Also I was just informed that I have a boatload of work incoming next week, so I really can’t continue spending so long on non-paying activities. I’ll have to figure out what’s most aligned with my New Life Plan and go from there.

*For the money, not the satisfaction, particularly. I have concluded that at this stage in my life I could very happily putter around all day and still stay quite busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment