Monday, April 8, 2013

Swim with Mik

The kids had a day off from school, so I brought Mik along with me to swimming this morning. I thought it would be fun for him to swim with me for a change, and to be the fastest person in the pool. He's really competitive, as you may have gathered by this time, and we tend to encourage it because (a) it's adorable and (b) it makes him work really hard at things. Then he told me he was planning to wear his Sectionals cap "to intimidate the other swimmers," "so they know what they're up against," and I suddenly realized I may have created a monster, but it's pretty much too late to raise him differently now.

Anyway, he was certainly faster than the other swimmers, and he came home talking trash at me and doing his signature happy dance, so I guess we don't have to worry about his self-esteem for, like, ever.

1 comment:

  1. You may not have had any choice because he is related to my brother.

    ReplyDelete