Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Restless

I've been trying to pin down this restless feeling I've had lately. At first I thought maybe I was getting so doggone healthy that I was becoming fundamentally dissatisfied with my sedentary job and needed to make more time to go to yoga and start a garden and ride my bike and buy that flute already. But even though it's true that I am having trouble getting much work done at my sedentary job, I am not having trouble doing other sedentary things, like sit around and play cards, or sit around and look at Facebook, or sit around and watch reruns of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" on Netfix with Dex. So I don't think it's that.

It's late morning, and prime time to do SOMETHING. I feel like that something could just as easily be go back to bed or go for a long, hard run, except I don't really want to do either of those things. And it would take a supreme act of willpower to get back to work, which is what I really should do, if I'm honest with myself. Gahhh! Spring fever? Midlife crisis? What is making me so aimlessly restless?

1 comment: