Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Guessing game

Of all the rules I made for myself, which one do you think has been the most rewarding so far? You’ll never guess!

There are some that are helpful in the sense that I probably wouldn’t do them at all if I hadn’t made myself a rule: “Stop playing electronic games” and “Take walks,” for example. There are some that are satisfying because they are just so easily checked off the list, like “Make the bed” and “Take a liver pill.” And there are some that are great because they help me feel much better physically, like “Go to bed on time,” “Go to yoga,” and following the Whole30.

But my favorite one is “Eat only between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m.” (I quickly found that 9 to 5 is a better “eating window” for my schedule; same difference.) This works like some kind of magic. After a slight adjustment period, I don’t get hungry, I feel more energetic in the mornings, and it drastically reduces the amount of food I eat (and therefore have to cook). Plus, as to-dos go, it couldn’t be easier, since I don’t have to actually do anything.

I feel like I’ve raved these same raves before—so maybe it wasn’t so hard to guess my favorite rule, if your memory is better than mine.

1 comment:

  1. I've been trying this too (though more often with a 14-hour than 16-hour fast, depending on time of exercise sessions), and it really is excellent, isn't it? Much easier to do than one thinks at first, and extremely helpful in the always troublesome matter of nutrition!

    ReplyDelete