Saturday, November 8, 2014

Dirt under my fingernails

Despite the fact that I will be working a little both Saturday and Sunday, this is the closest thing I’ve had to a restful weekend in months. Check it out: I got to sleep in AND I went outside for an hour. I might even go crazy and jump into the bathtub with a book later.

It’s a good thing my schedule allowed me to leave my desk today, because I really needed to plant those bulbs I bought online before our weather takes a very nasty turn next week. I would have done it a long time ago when I was still gung-ho, but the bulb people were adamant that I not plant until the weather was consistently in the 50s or below. That’s so the bulbs won’t rot in the ground, so it seems like good advice, but the word “consistent” doesn’t really apply to Montana. I never saw a weather window that I thought was appropriate, but this weekend was definitely the last chance: Technically it’s still too warm, but starting Monday it’s going to be below way freezing all week and might snow 70 feet.

I’m bummed that winter is about to start, but hey—October was absolutely lovely, so at least we know the snowy season isn’t going to drag on for six months this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment