Sunday, September 13, 2015

The road to the trail to Glacier Lake

I woke up this morning feeling like I was suffering from allergies, not a cold, and I realized that my problem for the past week was probably that I was suffering from allergies and a cold. Doesn’t seem quite fair, but ANYWAY…

M.H. and I had so much fun hiking last week that we had been wanting to go again while it’s still warm enough. Since the sniffles were down to a manageable level, I decreed myself Well, and off we went.

Our chosen hike was at the end of an 8-mile unpaved road, but the guidebook failed to mention that you really need a high-clearance vehicle (and not a Honda Accord) to make it all the way to the end. This is about where we gave up:


We were in a gorgeous area, though, so we decided to just hike up the road itself. It was a good decision:







Absolutely stunning, and just imagine what I could have captured if we owned a pickup.

No comments:

Post a Comment