Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Viewing the eclipse

Sunday: Bike 15 miles, yoga
Monday: Swim 3,100 yards, run 4.5 miles
Tuesday: Rest

I'm happy to have made it to a rest day: My hamstrings are sore and my to-do list is long.

We stayed up late last night to watch the lunar eclipse, having promised the kids that we would wake them up to see it, too. When I went in to wake Dexter, I realized that lying on his back, he could actually see it from his bed, so he wisely decided to stay under the covers. Michael was not so lucky. The moon was almost straight overhead, and there didn't seem to be another window in the house with a good vantage point. But we bundled him up and took him outside so he could take a look. I don't think he thought it was worth the trouble: It was 1 a.m. and 3 degrees.

I think if I work really hard the next three days, I can be done with everything and have nothing to do between Christmas and New Year's but work out and visit family. Wish I could take a training hiatus, too. You know what would be an ideal occasion for taking another bonus rest day? Why, Christmas Day!

1 comment:

  1. That does sound lovely. Why couldn't M bunk with D to see the moon? We did not attempt it here.

    ReplyDelete