Monday, February 6, 2012

Tiny circles and a post-Paleo party

It was a weekend of great swimming*, great climbing**, and great walking, even. My mom joined me on the tiny track at the pool, and we logged more than 11 miles Saturday and Sunday between swimming events—that's 121+ tiny laps. But time flies when you have a walking partner. I'll have to remember that.

I fell hard off the Paleo wagon at my parents' Super Bowl party, but I didn't feel too horrible afterward, which was surprising given the amount of sugar I inhaled. I'm not sure what to do about this tendency I have to dive headfirst into the nearest available bowl of Peanut M&Ms whenever it's any kind of special occasion, but I guess there's no point beating myself up about it now. I'll just carry on with eating well at home and try to never leave the house again as long as I live.

* Several more improved times (including a 1:17 100 free, for those who want to compare their own swimming ability).
** Second place in his age group and looking strong, plus won an orange shirt in the raffle. :)

4 comments:

  1. Mmmm, Peanut M&Ms...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wait, maybe that's not a helpful comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the only things harder to avoid are almond M&Ms and chocolate covered macadamian clusters.

    ReplyDelete