Friday, June 12, 2015

A handful of decent ideas

I know I never blog anymore except to give updates on the status of my monthly resolutions, but at least that gives me something to talk about besides hilarious work-related stories that would just get me in trouble. (Bashful and Sneezy have dropped off my roster, but I don’t believe I’ve introduced my two new clients, Loopy and Frantic!)

There, see? I tried to be entertaining for three seconds and already got myself in trouble. Because Loopy and Frantic KNOW WHO THEY ARE.

Anyway, I wanted to talk about this rule of writing down 10 ideas every day. The stated goal of the exercise is to work on your creativity muscle (aka “turn you into an ideas machine”), which would be nice, but there’s another little benefit, too: the ideas themselves. I mean, I don’t know if I’ve had any groundbreaking ones, but there are a few I really like:

  • Ideas for things to knit (6/3): Pillow covers. (Hey, yes! I have so much yarn, and all our throw pillows match a couch we no longer have.)
  • Ideas for new rules (6/5): Clean out my inbox at the end of every day. (I started doing this as soon as I thought of it, and it has changed my life.)
  • Ideas for new rules (6/5): Recycle five pieces of paper from my filing cabinet every day. (This would be ridiculously easy, and it would result in 150 fewer pieces of useless paper by the end of the month.)
  • Ideas for getting rid of old toys (6/6): Make the kids do it. (It’s so obvious now.)

No comments:

Post a Comment