Monday, December 19, 2011

RICE and sugar

I am having trouble with yoga because of this groin muscle that won't heal. I know the drill is Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation. But the injury is in an awkward spot for Ice and Compression, and the only way to Elevate it would be to stand on my head. I guess that leaves Rest, which is really Annoying. I am starting to make serious strength gains and hate to stop now. Plus, it seems like every time I show up there, someone tells me how Skinny I am looking, which always makes my day.

I actually haven't lost any more weight lately, but I wouldn't expect to, because truth be told, I haven't been eating well. It seems like one day last week I was allowing myself a single Belgian chocolate sample at Costco, and the next thing I knew I was eating seven sugar cookies in a row and having half a pizza for dinner (that was yesterday's disaster). Sugar in particular is really insidious. Once I start, I crave it like crazy.

As of this morning I'm trying to clean up my diet again, but it's a bit of a lost cause, because I'm already planning on eating sugar on Christmas Eve, Christmas, and New Year's Eve. I've been thinking that in January I should do another Whole30—or Whole31—which is the strict Paleo challenge that got me started. At least in January I will have the moral support of millions of other New Year's Resolutioners. Eating well in December is like trying to be the only one in your social circle who doesn't do crack.

2 comments:

  1. Sugar is crazy like that. It truly is addicting.

    I say go right ahead and enjoy the holidays, but that doesn't mean that the rest of this week prior and the week inbetween can't be extra healthy to balance things out.

    I know I'll be repeating my own version of the Paleo diet later this winter once training is back in full swing. I think that'll be something that will resurface from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm like that with sugar too. If I don't have it for a while, I'm ok. But once I start, man it's a train wreck of epic proportions...

    ReplyDelete